Vegan Apple Pie | @thegreenbeingbakery EXCLUSIVE
First, let me say that this recipe is fool proof. It is sooo easy to make and even easier to eat. Take this with you to any holiday party and you'll be the star of the show. Apple pies hold a special place in my heart because its the first pie I've ever made. Now its also the first vegan pie I've ever made. There will certainly be more to come. If you're in love with this recipe but don't wanna make it your self just hire me!! Place an order with The Green Being Bakery.
- 4 ea Granny smith apples (peeled cored sliced)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 lemon (juiced) watch out for seeds
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 c vegan butter substitute
- 5 tbsp ice water
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cube butter and refrigerate.
- Mix together flour, salt, and sugar. Gradually add cubed butter.
- Once the dough begins to crumble add the ice water one tbsp at a time.
- Dough will form.
- Separate dough into two disc. Refrigerate.
- To make the filling, mix all of the ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate.
- Roll out both disc 1/4 inch flat. Cut one disc into strips.
- Latice your pie. "egg wash" and bake for 30 min.